Getting Certified

The UK Pellet Council is the National Licenser for the  ENplus® scheme in the UK and all applications from UK based pellet producers and traders must be made through them.

Please contact UKPC General Secretary & Standards Manager, Dr Matthew Goodwin at for an application pack or if you have any queries regarding the certification process.

The application pack contains the following:

  • A description of the application process as it applies to both pellet producers and traders
  • A copy of the handbook which details the various requirements that must be satisfied
  • Application form and trader declaration
  • Spreadsheet to record details of trader storage facilities and delivery vehicles
  • Information on the derogations that pellet traders may apply for with reference to the handbook requirements for “on board weighing” and “active air extraction”
  • Charging structure